Amazon Furniture Stop-Motion YouTube Ad
Producer: Lauren Austin
Editor/Scoring: Simon Porter
Amazon Furniture Stop-Motion YouTube Ad Style Frames
AMAZON HOME SOCIAL VIDEOS
Amazon Home, the largest Internet-based retailer in the world's Home category, wanted videos to play on YouTube
1) Templated videos were historically static images and illustrations with product images, so the team wanted to see if there was a way to make the templated videos look higher touch.
2) The $140K spend campaign was to be simultaneously run across social platforms, including vertically-oriented Snapchat, and horizontally-oriented YouTube.
1) Conceptualization and Art Direction of the templated video campaign to use live action.
2) Created low-fidelity animatics to help direct the product movements and optimize the framing of items so that a single take could accommodate different screen ratios
3) Created a series of playful stop motion vignettes featuring kitchen items and home décor to meet the high aesthetic bar for each category based on existing best practices.
4) Made a detailed shot list and created overlays for the product placement on monitors to involve the studio crew in optimal collaboration.
1) Saved $7,000 for 1 un-needed day of shooting time in the studio for 45 unique deliverables.
2) 40% completed view rate
3) .57% click-thru rate